United States President, Donald Trump on Sunday said the United States would foot the security costs for Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, thereby confirming that the royal couple have moved to live in California.
Report reaching us at Checkout Magazine has it that the couple flew by private jet from Canada to Los Angeles before the border between the two countries closed because of the deadly coronavirus outbreak.
Earlier this year, Harry and Meghan shocked the royal family and the world with their decision to no longer represent the British monarchy and to pursue a new, independent life.
“I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom,” Trump tweeted.
“It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!”
But a spokeswoman for the pair later released a statement saying they had no intention of soliciting help from Washington, media reports said.
“Privately funded security arrangements have been made,” the statement said, according to the Washington Post.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will formally step back from royal duties on March 31.
96 total views, 2 views today