Gov Sanwo-Olu says Lagos mortuaries are filled up, gives families two weeks to claim bodies

Lagos State governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has issued a two weeks ultimatum to families of deceased persons to come forward and claim corpses presently lying in government hospital mortuaries, as he announced that the mortuaries are filled up.

He said this on Saturday while briefing newsmen on the update of the state government’s efforts to curtail the spread of the coronavirus pandemic in Lagos, maintaining that the corpses in question were not coronavirus related as the total number resulting from the pandemic was not more than 18 so far.

Sanwo-Olu said that even though funerals would be allowed, he, however, ruled out the possibility of parties or reception before, during or after the burial.

The governor attributed the stack of dead bodies to the fact that most churches do not do funerals during the Lent period, adding that the lockdown had equally contributed to the situation.

Sanwo-Olu warned that not more than 20 persons should attend such burials even as he made it clear that they must all wear face masks which he said was now compulsory in the state.

 208 total views,  1 views today

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here