Enugu COVID-19 suspect tests negative

The Enugu State Ministry of Health on Monday said that the suspected coronavirus patient has been confirmed negative to the novel virus.

A statement by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Dr. Ifeanyi Agujiobi, said that the suspect’s specimen sent to IRUA Specialist Hospital for investigation tested negative.

Agujiobi said, “the Enugu State Ministry of Health hereby informs the general public that we have received the result of the investigation sent to IRUA Specialist Hospital which is further corroborated by Nigerian Center for Disease Control (NCDC) as negative.

“We hereby enjoin the general public to go about their normal business, however, to remain alert and vigilant, observing basic personal health hygiene,” he said.

Meanwhile, the state government said it has released N20 million emergency funds to contain the scourge and other health challenges.

It said the money was released to the management of the State Isolation Center to ensure that the facilities are optimally ready to deal with the situation and any other emergency that may arise forthwith.

A statement by the Commissioner for Information, Chidi Aroh, stated that Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has provided the required leadership and logistic support to ensure that the State Ministry of Health and the Emergency Operation Center are functioning at optimal level and fully ready to deal with any emergency in the state.

Aroh added that the state government has also ensured that the suspected patient, who had been declared negative is very stable in the isolation center and receiving the best available medical treatment.

 137 total views,  2 views today

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here