The Department of State Services has dismiss as false social media reports claiming Boko Haram has stormed the Middle Belt including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, or heading for the South to wreak havoc.
The DSS said the “alleged hijack of the luxury buses belonging to three major transport companies on the Lokoja-Okene Road” by criminals was fake news.
Spokesman for the agency, Peter Afunanya, said in a statement on Friday that the reports had been in circulation since 2013, adding they were making efforts to apprehend those behind the reports.
He assured adequate protection for the people, government and critical infrastructure.
Meanwhile, the Nigerian Air Force has bombed some Boko Haram locations in Kaza, Borno State.
The attack was carried out in continuation of the NAF’s North-East Operation Rattle Snake 3.
The NAF said on Friday the locations were attacked by the Air Task Force’s fighter jets after confirmatory Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance missions showed a significant presence of the terrorists.
146 total views, 1 views today