United States President Donald Trump has suspended the nation’s funding of the World Health Organization amid the battle against the novel coronavirus pandemic.
Mr Trump who announced this decision a press conference on Tuesday said he was instructing his administration to halt funding while “a review is conducted to assess the World Health Organization’s role in severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of the coronavirus.”
According to Trump, the WHO prevented transparency over the outbreak and the United States — the UN body’s biggest funder which provided $400 million last year — will now “discuss what to do with all that money that goes to the WHO.”
“With the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have deep concerns whether America’s generosity has been put to the best use possible,” he said.
61 total views, 1 views today