The presenter of Brekete Show on 101.1 Human Rights Radio in Abuja, for making defamatory allegations on air, the broadcaster has tendered his apology and retracted his message.
On Friday, the presenter on air retracted his claim that successive ministers of the ministry are paid N200 million by the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF).
Musa had earlier claimed the minister has not commented on the NFF issue being discussed on the programme because he was compromised, a shaken Musa, who presents his show in a smattering of Pidgin, English and a sprinkling of other languages, said during the live broadcast that, “If that one offend you, I withdraw the statement.”
While on air on Friday, he said: “Honourable Minister Sunday Dare, I tender my unreserved apology on air to you, based on the request of your lawyer.”
Mr. Dare had through Festus Keyamo’s Chambers written Human Right Radio and Ordinary Ahmed Musa to desist from broadcasting falsehood about him, retract the misleading claims previously made, apologise on the Brekete programme and publish the retraction with apology in two national newspapers.
The suit however hovers around the presenter and his radio station as the retraction with apology is yet to be published in two newspapers with national coverage as demanded.
174 total views, 1 views today