The Federal Controller of Works in Lagos, Mr. Olukayode Popoola, on Friday said that the ongoing rehabilitation of the Third Mainland Bridge was progressing seamlessly, and the first phase would be delivered on schedule next month.
He told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that almost all the bad expansion joints had been pulled out and were replaced as soon as the weather became clement.
His words, “We have been able to cut all the six expansion joints, we have removed the concrete, we have pulled out four, remaining two,” he said.
“Hopefully, we are still looking at October, that we will complete the work on the Oworonsoki-bound lane.”
Recall that the Federal Government on July 24 announced a partial shutdown of the Third Mainland Bridge for another round of rehabilitation works.
The repair is expected to last for six months with the construction divided into two phases of three months on each carriageway, starting with the Oworonshoki-bound lane.
60 total views, 1 views today